Abe Underhill's College Life
Student life at Ball State University

Giving Thanks

December 1st 2010 in Uncategorized

I did a lot of driving over the thanksgiving break. The weekend of the 20th my band traveled to Ohio for a show. Then the break began and I drove to Anderson to a friends house, Kokomo for thanksgiving dinner, Mt Comfort to pick up my girlfriend, and then downtown Indianapolis for the lighting of the christmas tree/soldiers and sailors monument. This is somewhat of a tradition. My family has eaten at a semi-fancy restaurant near the circle and watched the lights go up. My grandparents have gone for 41 years now. Its a good time with a lot of good food. We ate at the Capital Grille in the Conrad Hotel this year. Here isĀ  a picture of the monument all lit up.

The reason this year was a bit different was actually largely because I’m in college. My family left for Kokomo before I was able to so I drove myself, and the same for all the other places I was driving. However, I don’t mind so much because my favorite thing about college is feeling independent and that feeling continued through the break.

One comment to...
“Giving Thanks”

Frank

I always loved thanksgiving day. It makes me happy with my family. So bad for you while driving. :P

I’ve lived in Muncie my whole life and know just as well as anyone that the weather here is unpredictable. Often I’ve heard people say “if you don’t like the weather, wait 5 minutes” and thats pretty true. Lately its been just that. There were tornados a few weeks ago. The weather has been everywhere. [...]

Previous Entry

Well I finally did what I’d be talking about. I thought often about if I should change my major and I did a lot of research on it. Finally, I scheduled a short appointment with my advisor who was extremely helpful. I learned what classes I need and when to take them and switched my [...]

Next Entry

Categories